Friday, June 21, 2013

t.g.i.f.


Phew...what a rough week. But it's Friday. and it's the first day of Summer! I made it through without biting someone's head off, I didn't run out of work in tears, and I didn't give up on hope. Although that's exactly what I felt like doing.

Thanks to Chris for not giving up on me too. Did I mention I was PMSing on top of everything? Yikes!

We are both off tomorrow which is rare. I am thinking we will wander around the city, maybe go to a neighborhood we haven't been to in awhile. Then on Sunday I get to babysit my niece and nephew which is a guarantee for a good day!

Even just having a relaxing weekend is part of our Operation: Heal our Hearts summer. I have been trying to follow Henrik Edberg's 10 small steps to having a happy summer. Give it a whirl!

10 Small Ways to Make This The Happiest Summer of Your Life

  1. Go slow
  2. Say yes to the new
  3. Say no to the "should" of summer
  4. Just do nothing at all
  5. Be the summer you want to be
  6. Be kind in small ways
  7. Savor the summer moments right here instead of being lost in the future or past
  8. Ask yourself what you can be grateful for so far this year
  9. Just accept how you feel instead of pushing it away
  10. Spend more time doing what you love

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such a great role model for me everyday :) you inspire me to be a better person! love linny

    ReplyDelete