Phew...what a rough week. But it's Friday. and it's the first day of Summer! I made it through without biting someone's head off, I didn't run out of work in tears, and I didn't give up on hope. Although that's exactly what I felt like doing.
Thanks to Chris for not giving up on me too. Did I mention I was PMSing on top of everything? Yikes!
We are both off tomorrow which is rare. I am thinking we will wander around the city, maybe go to a neighborhood we haven't been to in awhile. Then on Sunday I get to babysit my niece and nephew which is a guarantee for a good day!
Even just having a relaxing weekend is part of our Operation: Heal our Hearts summer. I have been trying to follow Henrik Edberg's 10 small steps to having a happy summer. Give it a whirl!
10 Small Ways to Make This The Happiest Summer of Your Life
- Go slow
- Say yes to the new
- Say no to the "should" of summer
- Just do nothing at all
- Be the summer you want to be
- Be kind in small ways
- Savor the summer moments right here instead of being lost in the future or past
- Ask yourself what you can be grateful for so far this year
- Just accept how you feel instead of pushing it away
- Spend more time doing what you love