Thursday, August 29, 2013

stillborn still loved

I wish I were a millionaire. Not just because I would love to live comfortably the rest of my life, work part-time and volunteer, all while raising a bajillion kids, but mainly to be able to support charities in a way that would guarantee them sustainability. I work at a non-profit in the accounting department so I know first hand that charities need donations. Yes, the $10-$100 donations are thoughtful but they actually need A LOT more to run their business. Because let's not forget, non-profits are businesses too. And with the government's budget crisis, especially in Philadelphia, funding from those guys are disappearing. Planned gifts and pledges from individuals for general operations are crucial for non-profits. People costs are high! The more research I do on stillbirth & pregnancy loss, the more non-profits I come across who do amazing work and greatly deserve donations. I wish, well hope, that one day "philanthropist" follows my name!
 
I came across stillbornstillloved.org whose mission is to honor the lives of stillborn babies through advocacy, awareness and support. They raise money to support the work of GAPPS, Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity and Stillbirths. Their goal is to lead a collaborative, global effort to increase awareness and accelerate innovative research and interventions that will improve maternal, newborn and child health outcomes and to decrease fetal mortality.
 
I watched this YouTube created by GAPPS and cried like a baby because it was like watching a 4 minute glimpse of my mind. I made a small donation but not even close to the amount I would love to. Ahhh...one day, one day.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment